The facts about Microchipping and Registration
Far too frequently vets come across microchipped pets, but the chip is not registered with New Zealand Companion Animal Register (NZCAR), thus reunion is difficult. It is very disheartening when injured pets are presented at vets who need their owners immediate love and attention, and owners cannot be found in time.
If your dog is wearing their council registration tags, then making contact with the local council can help with reunion. However cats do not have council tags, these are the loved little pets, that due to their wandering nature, are most likely to slip through the cracks.
Please note the following is FACT!
We encourage you to save this, educate your friends and family, and refer to it every time the topic comes up on your local lost pets facebook page:
- FACT: A scan of a microchip gives only a number – nothing else. All the places where lost pets usually end up, the SPCA, pound, shelters, or vets, are equipped with scanners to detect microchips. If your pet’s microchip details have not been registered with NZCAR – there is no way of knowing this is your pet, and making contact with you.
- FACT: If your pet’s microchip number is registered on NZCAR, with your current contact details, any registered party who scans your pet for a microchip, can refer to NZCAR, and hopefully contact you via the details you have provided.
- FACT: Registration with NZCAR is a one time thing – but details need to be kept current, and can be updated at any time, when you move or change phone numbers, or ownership/rehoming takes place.
- FACT: Annual local Council registration is unrelated to NZCAR. If a dog is wearing their council registration tags, they can find owner contact details via this.
- FACT: Not all vets automatically register microchips with NZCAR. Most vets have pricing options, for microchipping and NZCAR registration or just microchipping without NZCAR registration. There is a fee for NZCAR registration, whether you do it yourself, or if your vet does it.
Please, FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR PETS - Next time you’re at the vet, ask them to check the microchip and confirm your details are registered on NZCAR and current!
Once your order leaves our warehouse and is scanned into the New Zealand Couriers network you will be sent track and trace details via email. You can use these track and trace details to keep an eye on your order, and when it will be delivered.
Payment is required when you place your order, you can checkout with your credit card, via online banking or in instalments with Afterpay or ZIP. Note: Your order confirmation is your tax invoice, as we endeavour to become more environmentally friendly, we no longer print and include copies of tax invoices with orders
Qualifying purchases made on auto re-order qualify for our loyalty programme. Almost all our premium vet diets, and vet recommended flea and worm treatments are included in the loyalty programme.