Hill's Prescription Diet Canine and Feline a/d 156g can
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d is clinically tested nutrition to support dogs and cats recovering from surgery, illness or injury.
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d is clinically tested nutrition to support dogs and cats recovering from surgery, illness or injury so you can feel confident you are giving your pet your best.
It’s made in the USA with global ingredients you can trust, and was developed by Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians. This food has exceptional taste to encourage eating and includes increased clinically proven antioxidants to support immunity. It also has a consistency that is smooth, soft and moist and stirring makes it more liquid for maximum flexibility in feeding - by hand, bowl, spoon, and suitable for syringe or tube feeding by a veterinarian.
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how Prescription Diet foods can help your dog or cat.
- Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Urgent Care Canned Dog and Cat Food is specially formulated by Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians to support dogs and cats recovering from surgery, illness or injury
- Exceptional taste to encourage eating. You can feel confident you are giving your pet your best during their time of need.
- Energy dense and rich in calories with highly digestible protein and fat to meet increased energy needs during recovery
- Clinically proven antioxidants to support immune function & healing
- Increased levels of B vitamins, potassium and added zinc to support recovery
- Consult with your vet to make sure Prescription Diet a/d is the right food for your dog or cat
Daily Feeding Guide
Individual requirements may vary depending on pre-existing nutritional status and medical condition.
In patients where normal G.I. function has been compromised by anorexia, a three-day transitional feeding strategy may be necessary.
• Day One 1/3 of daily caloric intake with 2/3 water dilution
• Day Two 2/3 of daily caloric intake with 1/3 water dilution
• Day Three Entire daily caloric intake
Select a feeding schedule based on the following patient criteria:
- Schedule 1 Cage Rest
- Schedule 2 Surgery, Sepsis, Cancer, Trauma, Fever, Feline Hepatic Lipidosis
- Schedule 3 Severe Burn, Injury or Head Trauma
The following daily intakes are intended as a guide and should be adjusted as needed to achieve or maintain optimum body weight.
Divide into three to six equal daily feedings to minimize gastrointestinal side effects. (1 can = 150 ml.) - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
Use only as directed by your veterinarian. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how Prescription Diet foods can help your pet continue to enjoy a happy and active life. Online Vet Store recommends you consult with your vet regularly to make sure this Prescription Diet is the right food for your pet.
Once you've placed your order it'll be be sent to the warehouse to dispatch. We'll be in touch via email or phone if there are any problems with your order. Track and trace details are emailed once your order is scanned into the NZ couriers network.
PLEASE NOTE: due to Canterbury Anniversary Day 17 November there will be no dispatches to South Island addresses on this day. Orders placed after 12 noon on Thursday 16th November will be dispatched after the long weekend.
See SHIPPING & DELIVERY for more information.
Once your order leaves our warehouse and is scanned into the New Zealand Couriers network you will be sent track and trace details via email. You can use these track and trace details to keep an eye on your order, and when it will be delivered.
Payment is required when you place your order, you can checkout with your credit card, via online banking or in instalments with Afterpay or ZIP. Note: Your order confirmation is your tax invoice, as we endeavour to become more environmentally friendly, we no longer print and include copies of tax invoices with orders
Qualifying purchases made on auto re-order qualify for our loyalty programme. Almost all our premium vet diets, and vet recommended flea and worm treatments are included in the loyalty programme.